What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"Your best or most awesome picture of your RV sitting on the ground"

erich weaver said:
Geico266:

that looks like an interesting flag graphic on the side of your fuselage. Do you have a closeup photo of it so i can get a better look?

thanks

erich
Indeed I do:

p4025817lu1.jpg

A line of rockets at last falls Rocket 100 race.

And here is a picture of a happy racer, Wayne Hadath, at the end of the race. I do not know why he is smiling as he missed the first turn and I passed him!

Does this count

Sorry,

Had to do it. :)
Flying in a few years.
Still Grounded !!!!!!

At OSH 2007

The best picture is my first trip to OSH in my RV

1002080by7.jpg

Here is the "artsy" photo my girlfriend took

oshkosh086np7.jpg

I had about 10 hours on it at this point. I stopped in to a grass strip near where I grew up and my mom came out to see it. She snapped this shot and it came out great with the blue sky reflecting in the polished skins.

p1010084_edited.jpg

flybaja said:
nice photo Moose! I was scrolling through and said hey, that looks like my bird. Having never been to LOE it is nice to see that my plane has!
Steve Pratt
Erie CO
RV-8 bought flying
Steve,
Glad you liked it. The only thing I wish I could change would be to have it sitting in a bigger puddle! A full aircraft reflection (and maybe a spinning prop too) would turn it into an awesome picture.

P.S. You really DO need to go to LOE... :D

Can we keep this Post alive????

Can we keep this Post alive and add some NEW cool. Photos?????

Took these yesterday

Complete with patriotic addition..:)

Next time the sun might be in the right spot.

Frank

Oh, ok. I figured it was a public use airport. The owners are pretty laid back about letting people fly in there? (Or is it now public use and just not shown on the sectional?)

It's still private. Just call ahead of time. They have a restaurant, motel, museum, gift shop, laundromat and service station.

The airstrip & restaurant area is surrounded by Indian Reservation. The owner was given this land by an Indian tribe after helping settle a dispute between two tribes. The owners eventually went to Hollywood & convinced movie director John Ford to come out & check out the amazing scenery. And the result was John Wayne's "Stage Coach", the "Searchers", etc.

L.Adamson

edit: Link for phone number

http://www.swaviator.com/html/issueAS99/monument.html

Last edited:
It's still private. Just call ahead of time. They have a restaurant, motel, museum, gift shop, laundromat and service station.

The airstrip & restaurant area is surrounded by Indian Reservation. The owner was given this land by an Indian tribe after helping settle a dispute between two tribes. The owners eventually went to Hollywood & convinced movie director John Ford to come out & check out the amazing scenery. And the result was John Wayne's "Stage Coach", the "Searchers", etc.

L.Adamson

edit: Link for phone number

http://www.swaviator.com/html/issueAS99/monument.html

OK, thats pretty cool. Thanks for the info! I'll have to check that out next time I'm out that way. Most memorable flight I've ever had was flying below the peaks of Monument Valley last summer.... what an amazing sight! I will definitely be visiting again someday.

Some pics from the flight here if you're interested.

Some pics from the flight here if you're interested.

Great looking pics!

The Southwest U.S. areas of Monument Valley, Lake Powell, Moab (Green & Colorado Rivers), Zions National Park and the Grand Canyon, are my favorite spots on Earth. And only two hours away by plane. :D

L.Adamson

Great looking pics!

The Southwest U.S. areas of Monument Valley, Lake Powell, Moab (Green & Colorado Rivers), Zions National Park and the Grand Canyon, are my favorite spots on Earth. And only two hours away by plane. :D

L.Adamson

Ya thats some beautiful country. Is that Lake Powell in your avatar?

My RV-6A - N57TK

My co-pilot this great day was my late friend, Tom Walsh, who died in an automobile accident on January 2, 2007.

Beach City, OH (2D7) Father's Day fly-in June 18, 2006. Notice turf taxiing elevator position and old-style nose gear!

1232894.jpg

Photo © Terry Shepherd http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?id=1232894

Friday after Thanksgiving 2005 at Jackson, MI (JXN) with my daughter.

IMG_9867.JPG

Last edited:
struggling to post pics

I can't seem to get the photo to come up today...I must have forgotten how?
Oh well....the links work

Beyond the Beyond

Every now and then, "Darla!" and I are completely
alone. Embraced within those rare moments of quiet
stillness we share an irresistable accord with "It," a
gauzy perception transcending conscious awareness.
"Darla!" softly whispers "Let's go!" and shortly we do.
A brief cloud dance, a patrol, a touch and go....it
matters not. We go....because she and "It" beckon.

Last edited:
I threw some Photoshop action onto some of the photos in this thread. I like the antique-ish/vintage look for airplane photos. Here are some that I think came out cool.

2199281064_70ceccb43b_o.jpg

2198490943_9c15f12cdc_o.jpg

2198490893_fbac1b15e2_o.jpg

Mike

Black Magic

With first flight reports and such, you guys are probably getting tired of Black Magic............but I'm not:D This pic was taken just after her fourth flight.

firstflight065nh6.jpg

The Hemi in Colorado

This is my Freind John "Stoney" Ware's RV-7 "The Hemi". He was nice enough to let me take it to Colorado on a fly fishing trip this past summer.

Here is a picture from the strip near where we fished.

thehemiincoloradoyv7.jpg

Regards,

Last edited:
On the ramp at Death Valley (Furnace Creek - L06) California

Just another neat place to see thanks to the RV

FurnaceCreekRampSmall.jpg

Miss Izzy

dscn150620061015cs2.jpg

I named my RV-8 "Miss Izzy" after my grandaughter, Isabelle. This picture was taken when she first saw the airplane with her name on it. She was totally surprised and blown away. I didn't have a booster seat high enough for her on her first flight, so she couldn't see over the canopy rail unless I turned the airplane upside down. After a number of rolls we headed back to the airport and on short final I told her I saw her dad down there waiting for us. She wanted me to turn it upside down again so she could see!

Ron Schreck
RV-8, "Miss Izzy"
Gold Hill Airpark, NC

Last edited:
nice plane at the top. (678SR sitting on the wet ramp) . I though "dang" this looks a lot like my bird. then I saw the tail # and it is my bird. I was up in her today in 12 deg oat. lets talk about climb rate!
Steve
Erie CO

Back