VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 09-21-2016, 04:22 PM

The what ifs are fascinating.

I'm officiating at my son's wedding next week and in my "monologue" I note that what often brings us to a particular moment could only result from those moments that seemed like the end of the world at the time.

What if a wife hadn't walked off with the town insurance agent way back when? What if the economy hadn't collapsed and I had to move? What if I hadn't taken a job in a lonely town where I'd meet the woman I've been married to for 32 years? What if my son wasn't bullied out of school and forced to go to another one where he'd meet a certain girl. Etc. Etc. Etc. If any thread is pulled, we are not where we'll (hopefully) be in a week?

Same thing in aviation. What if I didn't mention over coffee with my twin brother once I had a dream to fly that wouldn't be realized? What if he hadn't sold his pharmacy business and had some extra cash? What if he didn't pay for flight lessons? What if a guy didn't say offhand once, "you know you can build your own airplane?" What if a VAF guy hadn't remembered a 2007 article that was the answer to my loss of my medical certificate? What if I'd never heard of VAF?

Some think a deity is involved. Some think it's **** luck. I know every day is a darned close call.
RV-12 empennage completed. Waiting for wings.
Builder log

Last edited by LettersFromFlyoverCountry : 09-21-2016 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:28 PM

Enjoyed the trip Scott. I am a brother in Christ and appreciate your dedication to God. Beautiful 8 which is also my ride of choice.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:14 AM

Thanks Scott for your great write up on your trip around American the beautiful.
I'm not a religous person but I thoroughly enjoyed your style of writing and had me craving the next instalment. Not being from your part of the woods it was great to see the back doors of America. Between you and Vlad's adventures you both certainly are well traveled and enjoying your means of transport.
Your RV 8 is a real show stopper from the pictures and if my RV 14 can be half as good looking as yours when I am finished, I will be most happy.
Great job alround.