What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which engine you are using in the RV-7

aviator68

Hello,

today i got my catalog / price list from Van's.

Now i am looking for an engine.

My question:

Which engine you are using your RV 7?

A new one or an used ?

Which engine is possible in the RV 7?

Thank you.

Chris

Vans package deal, IO-360 M1B, dual P-Mags, Sensenich FP prop, I'm not as fast in climb as the constant speed boys, but cruise performance is fabulous.

Hello,

today i got my catalog / price list from Van's.

Now i am looking for an engine.

My question:

Which engine you are using your RV 7?

A new one or an used ?

Which engine is possible in the RV 7?

Thank you.

Chris

Cheers

io

Io 360 a1a, new Lycoming cylinders, new crank and camshaft, everything else been through certified shops, hartzell blended airfoil constant speed.

In the downturn, the Vans yio-360 was the best value for me. Many shops were closing doors.

Today there are more options. Keep a close eye here on VAF and you can find a good engine. They don't come up often, but they will come up. Be ready to act quickly.

I have the 180 HP parallel valve with the intention of going faster through drag reduction and the large cost/hp difference for the 200hp angle valve.

Good luck.

IO390 from thunderbolt

You can troll the forums for this info pretty easily... anything other than a 'standard' Vans installation will add time and expense to work out routing details but I am very pleased that I did :)

IO360 A1A Constant speed Hartzell. 10:1 pistons. She will do 2500'/Min. @90 MPH. with only me.
Dave

10:1

How much of an improvement are you seeing with 10:1 over stock pistons?

Back