What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nosewheel fairing questions

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
I have the aft part of the nose fairing ready to fit and drill. Going to use the magnet method to locate the holes.

I?m finding that the fairing is a lot narrower than the mounting flanges. Is this the norm or do I need to bend them all for a gentle fit. It?s more than snug but I can bend the flanges and get it done.

I see in the plans to bend the flanges as needed to get the fairing on. Later on I?m to flox at the screw location like the main wheelpants. Any tips to get them on without just smearing flox epoxy everywhere?

I see in the plans to bend the flanges as needed to get the fairing on. Later on I?m to flox at the screw location like the main wheelpants. Any tips to get them on without just smearing flox epoxy everywhere?

Keep the epoxy to flow ratio to something that generates peanut butter consistency.

I have the aft part of the nose fairing ready to fit and drill. Going to use the magnet method to locate the holes.

I?m finding that the fairing is a lot narrower than the mounting flanges. Is this the norm or do I need to bend them all for a gentle fit. It?s more than snug but I can bend the flanges and get it done.

I found using a laser level did a great job a determining where to drill holes in the wheel pants. Point the laser a the part, hole, or whatever you need the hole for, then when you put the pants on, you?ll have precisely marked the spot.

Back