What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FAA Changes to FOI, ATP and FE Exams

Status
Not open for further replies.

gciampa

Folks,

passing along a note for the archives (I did not find any previous threads) that the FAA has released a new set of question banks for:

Fundamentals of Instruction (FOI), Airline Transport Pilot (ATP), and Flight Engineer (FE) knowledge tests.

AOPA Article

It appears that the various test prep sites, ASA, Gleim, have onine revisions for their study guides. I took the FOI exam yesterday and my instance of the exam seemed to be weighted heavily towards using the new exam questions. I recognized only about 50% of the questions.

Who knew that the fundamentals of instructions would change so dramatically.

Cheers

Last edited:
Folks,

passing along a note for the archives (I did not find any previous threads) that the FAA has released a new set of question banks for:

Fundamentals of Instruction (FOI), Airline Transport Pilot (ATP), and Flight Engineer (FE) knowledge tests.

AOPA Article

It appears that the various test prep sites, ASA, Gleim, have onine revisions for their study guides. I took the FOI exam yesterday and my instance of the exam seemed to be weighted heavily towards using the new exam questions. I recognized only about 50% of the questions.

Who knew that the fundamentals of instructions would change so dramatically.

Cheers

Gleim posted a notice on this subject to its customers a while back.

New questions, new answers, and a new round of study guides.

The old stuff was too well known, in time everyone taking the exams will be spun up with the new stuff. The fundamentals of instruction, according to the FAA, has changed over the years and here comes some more. Must be someone retired and a new crop of leaders is in place. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back