VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 06-26-2017, 05:58 AM

Default Intermittent squeal on transmit

I have tried the search function, no joy. I have an occasional equal on transmit that I can hear in headset, but what I hear is more of a static sound, controller hears a squeal. It is an Icom A200, Flightcom FC-403 stereo intercom. I have tried different headsets, problem is still there. Where is a good starting point? I have about 200 hours on plane now, and this started about 5 hours ago.
Many thanks in advance.
RV-4 #2750
N654ML
IO-360
WW150C Prop
1018 lbs
Flying
Old 06-26-2017, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Henning View Post
I have tried the search function, no joy. I have an occasional equal on transmit that I can hear in headset, but what I hear is more of a static sound, controller hears a squeal. It is an Icom A200, Flightcom FC-403 stereo intercom. I have tried different headsets, problem is still there. Where is a good starting point? I have about 200 hours on plane now, and this started about 5 hours ago.
Many thanks in advance.
Try swapping in a known good IC A200 to see if the problem follows the radio.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:15 AM

Default Check Antenna Couplings

I had a bad intermittent static problem with my radio reception and transmissions and discovered during some unrelated work that my connection to my antenna was faulty. Redid the connections and the problem disappeared. Good luck with your hunting.
IO-360, Hartzel CS prop, Older Aerotronics built panel Dual GRT Horizon WS, GRT EIS, Garmin 340, 335, Dual 430s, TruTrak 385 A/P with auto level, FlightBox hard wired to WS, Dynon D10A with internal battery (backup EFIS), 406 MHz ELT.
Retired - Living the dream - And going broke!