What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

List Your Serial Number here!

Jetguy

Well Known Member
Ok lets get things organized!:D As you get you serial number list it here so all can keep track of the Stats. Guess who got 14. Yep we got 140014. No delivery date yet.:confused: Will give more info when it is recieved. So from this you can see at least 14 wing kits have been sold so far. Who ever gets his delivery date start a new thread titled, "List Your Delivery Date here!"
Let the Games begin.;)

Ok lets get things organized!:D As you get you serial number list it here so all can keep track of the Stats. Guess who got 14. Yep we got 140014. No delivery date yet.:confused: Will give more info when it is recieved. So from this you can see at least 14 wing kits have been sold so far. Who ever gets his delivery date start a new thread titled, "List Your Delivery Date here!"
Let the Games begin.;)

I predict you'll take delivery of your wings next Valentine's day (14th day of the 14th month of 2012...):D

wing kits or tail kits?

Is the serial number assigned upon purchase of a wing kit, or an empennage kit?

Is the serial number assigned upon purchase of a wing kit, or an empennage kit?

Usually the empennage, but I suspect they have to make an exception for the 14. They have to assigned a number on the first kit you buy.

Where do you find your assigned serial number?

I got confirmation from Cynthia that my order had been processed on Oct 25th at 10am. It didn't contain a builder number or serial number. :confused:

I got confirmation from Cynthia that my order had been processed on Oct 25th at 10am. It didn't contain a builder number or serial number. :confused:

It will be listed in your invoice and/or shipping manifest when you receive your first kit. Barb or Ann will give it to you if you drop them an email. Vans assigns a number right off the bat, so they can track your purchases.

Last edited:
It will be listed in your invoice and/or shipping label when you receive your first kit. Barb or Ann will give it to you if you drop them an email. Vans assigns a number right off the bat, so they can track your purchases.

Thanks! I'll email them right now.

Serial number has been assigned

140012. Darn! Missed 140014 by 2! :rolleyes:

Looking forward to receiving my wing kit! :D

Ordered my wing

I ordered today and verified that I'm 140026

Now if only it would get here tomorrow....

Anyone have updated shipping info?

Just wondering if anyone has heard when the wing kits are being shipped? I was told the week after Thanksgiving, but have not heard anything since

Anxiously Waiting

No news in THIS case, is not good news....
Hopefully it will be here before Christmas.

Got an email from Van's today. Wing Kit has been released to the crating department and should ship "End of next week". My number is 140005 and I am #2 in the queue.

Last edited:
12 on 12/12/12

Kit #140012 arrived today in NC! Let the fun begin!!! :D:D:D

Looking at your signature line...You know you could have just waited till tomorrow to open it and it would have kinda been like getting 12 on 12/12/12. That would have been torture though!

I'm a little jealous of you... Hoping mine arrives soon! Have fun :)

Kit #12 Arrivied on 12/12/12

I'm having fun inventorying! I forgot how much fun it is stripping all the blue vinyl off of the ribs and skins. :rolleyes:

RV14WIngKit.JPG

Now I know the answer!

Ken how were you notified? Email, USPost snail mail?
The answer to this question is....When the freight company calls you and says,"please come and pick up your box it's taking up space on our freight dock".:mad:

The answer to this question is....When the freight company calls you and says,"please come and pick up your box it's taking up space on our freight dock".:mad:

Both Barb and Anne are fantastic to work with at Vans. They are used to anxious buyers calling to find out the status of their orders. I've had multiple conversations with them while I was placing orders for my kits over the years. They are very knowledgable about the various freight companies, along with the pros, cons, and pricing for each option. They also like to receive feedback too, so they can ensure that they can improve the shipping experience.

Plus they can provide the Pro # so that you can track the shipment online. My experience is that you'll know the status before the local terminal guy calls to arrange pickup or delivery.

Bob

My experience is that you'll know the status before the local terminal guy calls to arrange pickup or delivery.

Bob

This was not my experience. The local guy called me! On just about anything ordered on line all information about the order is sent when the order is shipped. Why can't Van's do the same?

Snail Mail Notifications

This was not my experience. The local guy called me! On just about anything ordered on line all information about the order is sent when the order is shipped. Why can't Van's do the same?

Although I am completely happy with Van's support, and tolerate the shipping delays due to living on the opposite side of the country, I must agree here with RDOG on the notification issue. Wouldn't it be much simpler and less expensive to send an email notification of shipment vs snail mailing a postcard? I received my postcard 1 day prior to my delivery. It actually took the postcard the same amount of time to arrive in NC as the kit did to ship. Is it no wonder why the US Postal Service is bankrupt? I'm sure Van's can afford the $0.32 it costs to mail each postcard, the point is they don't need to spend the money on the postcard itself as we'll as the effort to hand wright and mail it when they could fire off a 10 second email and we would receive the notification right away.

followed up with Van's shipping Dept.

Ken how were you notified? Email, USPost snail mail?:confused:
I followed up with a phone call to the company. They shipped mine via Con-way frt. to ATL. It arrived in about a week. Although the large crate had some tow-motor damage on the end, everything arrived undamaged! Total frt. bill $337.
This weekend -- inventory time....
p.s. don't forget to cut out the top section as they are used as a fixture in holding the wings during the build process.... I did not notice initially but read about it in one of the threads.....:)

Con-way did call to set up a delivery appointment....

edit
[/IMG]
They called me on a Thursday and set the delivery up for a Tuesday with a lift gate supplied truck. They also had a pallet jack on the truck, but we just picked up the ends and balanced a hand truck under it, it worked much better than using the heavy pallet jack! My workshop is in my basement -- I have a walkway/motorcycle pathway around the side and rear of my home, so the hand truck was the only way to get it down the hill and into the basement....:D

Last edited:
serial number 08

Hello all from Pgh Pa, serial number 08 wing kit here, inventoried but not started due to cold and work. This is our fourth aircraft, but our first RV. I hope to contribute here, as much as I take from these pages.

Wondering what we're up to

Anyone that's made a recent order have a serial number? I'm wondering what we're up to for RV-14 starts out there...

my paperwork just came in today. I order a wing kit at Fun-in-Sun (4-12-13) and my number is 140073.

Expected ship date of July 1.

Enough time to finish off building/workshop.

ken

RV-14 Serial number

Mine is RV14 kit# 140016.

Hi Scott.
My wing kit number is the reverse of yours, 140061. I am expecting shipment week of May 6th. I am in Northern California, Novato, KDVO to be exact.
This is my first ever kit, and am very excited about the process.

All the best to my fellow RV-14 builders, I will be reading and listening to try and keep up.:)

Rich

I just reserved a tail number: 73XP.

73 for kit number 73 and XP for experimental. Plus Xray Papa is not hard to say. Based on the FAA database almost no one uses XP. I think that there were 750 of those numbers open.

I would have liked to have gotten "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (WTF)", but we can't have 3 letters in the US and my wife was not terribly amusing.

Serial Number 76

I am expecting delivery of my wing kit last week of July 2013 or first week of August 2013. Looks like Van's got a good one here! ;) Arrived first week of August, and I am now working my way through section 12 or the wings. I ordered the empanage (spelling?) and that is due to ship first week in October. I better get moving, or I will be deluged with parts!Revised 10-3-13)

Last edited:
Back