What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AnitSplatAero Prop and Filter Wrenches

morhall

I'm New Here
Thought I?d give a brief review and plug of a couple of wrenches I bought last week. I know there are other threads on these, but I'm all for keeping good companies and products in the minds of their customers.

I had to pull my MT prop to replace my alternator belt. Remembering how much fun that process is with a 3/4 wrench, I decided to pull the trigger and buy a prop wrench from Antisplataero.com.

Since I was on the website, I also ordered their oil filter wrench. I?ve always torqued by feel on the oil filter and I?ve never had a leak, but it was like $20 and a better fit than my 12pt wrench that I?ve been using.

The prop wrench is awesome. My A&P and I were working on opposite sides of the prop. With the ?ratcheting? mechanism of their prop wrench, I was twice as fast on the bolts. Did it pay for itself on this one removal/reinstall, nope. But it definitely is an improvement over a regular open ended wrench.

The one thing they should have done is better indicate the length of the prop wrench for torque calculation. It seems to be exactly 3" from the center of the 3/8 or 1/2" socket to the center of the bolt. I don?t know why they didn?t just stamp it as such. We had my A&Ps calibrated Snap-On torque wrench and compared my cheap torque wrench results to his and they were close enough. Maybe mine was under torqued by 1ft/lb. But well within the allowable range on the hub.

The Filter Wrench worked as designed. Wasn?t expect too much from it, just that it fit and made accurate torque of the filter possible. Life changing, no, but since I couldn?t get a socket onto my filter, at least now I know I?m able to torque it properly.

Definitely happy with the products.

Morgan

Prop Wrench:
https://antisplataero.com/products/ultimate-propeller-wrench

Oil Filter Wrench:
https://antisplataero.com/products/oil-filter-wrench

Back