What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Yet Another ADS-B Choice for GRT Customers...

KatieB

Well Known Member
We are pleased to announce a new low-cost ADS-B receiver choice for GRT EFIS customers: The Pathfinder Remote from Flight Data Systems.

The Pathfinder Remote for Experimental Aircraft is a 978 MHz UAT receiver that simultaneously communicates via WiFi with your iPad and via RS-232 serial connection with your GRT Sport or Horizon series EFIS. It currently works with the WingX iPad app and the iFly GPS, and is in testing for Fly Q EFB and eKneeboard. It's perfect for our legacy systems such as the Horizon I WS or HS that require a serial input for ADS-B information.

At $549, it's one of the most economical options out there and we're pleased to add it to our long list of compatible ADS-B receivers.

Speaking of ADS-B, here's what it looked like when Widget flew out of Sun 'n Fun. I'm usually not Biblical, but "as I walk through the valley of the shadow of death" comes to mind... :eek::eek:

Has anyone installed one of these? The price looks good and displaying it on my GRT looks like more of an option.

Last edited:
I have flown one connected to the AF-5000 EFIS in my RV-10 and it worked really good.

Rob Hickman
N402RH RV-10

got two

I have installed a Pathfinder remote in both my RV7a and RV10 in May, both have HXs, and have flown about 125 hours all across the country using the ADSB weather. It has worked great. A very nice upgrade to our airplanes. You will like it.

I would really like to see what all this good ADS-B data looks like on a Horizon HS screen. Anybody have a shot of what that looks like? Would love to have an HX or HXr but that's not going to happen any time soon.

Back