What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HD Video...showing external mount

swixtt

Well Known Member
here is some rather lengthy video from my Camera mounted externally. obviously not on the RV bcs... well... it's still being built, but from my 7ECA.
these little devices sure make it more viable to shoot good quality and NOT having to hold the camera is a huge bonus....since every camera i've seen is for right-handed people.:rolleyes:
i'd like to hear what people use for editing too. anyone use VP9?
http://vimeo.com/14294158

Mounting Brakets (Installing FLIR)

Video Looks Great! I'm always amazed of how resourceful our "kind" (RVer's) are.
Can you post pictures of how you mounted your camera. I'm installing a FILR on my RV10 and looking for ideas.

Thanks.
Kenny Gene
RV7a 9-07 580 hrs
RV10 finishing

i just used the mount that came with the Camera... would like to isolate it a bit more though. certain RPMs cause the video to shake a bit more.
~~~~
yes Vegas Pro... who wrote that software originally? how is it relative to some of the others out there? expensive?

A little history:
"Sony Vegas is a professional non-linear editing system (NLE) originally published by Sonic Foundry, now owned and run by Sony Creative Software. Originally developed as an audio editor, it eventually developed into an NLE for video and audio from version 2.0. "

Latest version about $500 (Amazon).

Nice tour or your area

Very nice video. I enjoyed the tour of your pretty area. Looks like a great place to fly.

I use Adobe Premier Pro CS5 ($735.00) which is a great program and allows you to edit as fast as you can think without pre-render or format conversion. Options galore.......in combination with Adobe After Effects ($850.00), the only limit to your productions is time and imagination.

Beautiful scenery! And a great video!
That was one of the best video's I have looked at, very clear and a pleasure to watch and listen to, there are some good videos out there but they seem to do them in a low quality which spoils them from being enjoyable to watch. I am building my 7A and would love to take video's like these to remember our trips can you please give us some info on the type of equipment your using to produce such great videos.

hey macs
well as far as equipment, just the Drift Camera and poor ol' windows 7 live movie maker. the cheap, simple solution for sure. this camera fits the bill for me bcs it has a remote so no wires needed to trigger recording. it easily is removed after a flight. it is HD and is relatively small and water resistant. i wanted a camera that i could do more than just flying. skiing and biking are a few that i do a lot of. i'm sure in the future these little cameras will become even smaller. i'm happy with this one though. i can leave it run for an entire flight or just capture the parts i want. i run a 16GB card but it can handle a 32GB if needed. if the camera is running for a long time it will break the video into smaller video clips(.mov format). a Class 6 card is recommended so it can keep up.
i would like to improve the mount a bit bcs i do get some vibration at certain RPM's and i am trying out VegasPro as i'm sure that will allow me to do ALL the things that i want. Win7 LMM is pretty limiting compared to what i've used in the past but it is OK if you don't have a lot of editing to do.

Back