What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jeff Rose or Electro Air/G3X

John,

See this link for the certified system http://www.electroair.net/pdfs/EIS_41000_Installation_Manual.pdf

Look at page 3.17. It says two pulses per rev. This also matches what I remember from a phone call to them some time ago (I have the experimental version). The experimental version install manual does not cover this specifically, but does mention that each coil fires every 180 degrees (which I am guessing makes for two pulses per rev).

Hope this helps! I am not using this signal as I have a VM1000 which needs 1 pulse per rev.

Blue Skies,

Bill York
[email protected]

Jon, this is the Electroair mag hole trigger assembly; 60 tooth less two, reluctor style, output is a sine wave.

33nd92f.jpg

Ahh, you guys are talking about a control box output.. 60 less 2 is a crank position input.

Yes - the two pulse comment is for the control box tack lead output. I have the crank mounted sensor - like the six cylinder installation, on my aircraft. The gear and pickup is very similar to the picture Dan posted of his mag adapter.

Bill

Well, you guys seem to be wrong. Test flew with 2 pulses and and was reading nearly 4000 rpm at the governed fwd stop in flight. Switched to 3 pulses and the RPM dropped to 2700. Go figure! Maybe it's because it's a 6 cyl. Continental.

Ahh! A six cylinder. You tricked us! Glad you got it working. It would be 2 per rev on the four cylinders.

Take Care

Back