What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anybody ever seen this on a Garmin 496 Screen?

donaziza

Well Known Member
When I looked at my Garmin 496 after flying today, I saw what looked like a little "burn" mark (in the screen picture) Now it looks like delamination, and I swear it's getting bigger everytime I turn it on.

no picture for me

Hi Don, I don't see a picture. Perhaps it's just my laptop.

Go to halie.com, and follow the instructions to load the picture there. Then copy the link they give you and post it here.

[edit] Drat, looks like Halie.com is not responding today. I wonder if they, too, have shut down their image hosting?

never seen this. been using the 496 forever. garmin to the rescue though. easy fix. great company. :)

I use both Postimage.org and Imgur.com. Imgur needs a free account, Postimage doesn't. Both are easy to use.

In both cases, you'll have to be careful to find the link to the photo from the various options. Then paste that into the little yellow box with the mountains on it right above the text input field here on VAF and you're in business.

Dave

I don't know how to post a picture here----( I notice a lot of other guys have the same problem):confused:

[ed. If you require free pic hosting, Tinypic.com is a choice that might work for 1 pic. More pics I'd suggest reading: http://www.vansairforce.net/articles/ImagesInForums/images.htm. v/r,dr]

Thanx Dougie---I've tried several times before. I had to get a "young" person. And now she's forgotten too. In the mean time, I'll try that Tiny Pic again. Maybe I'll get lucky this time.:rolleyes:

w1s4km.jpg
OK, First off, Thanx Dougie---I got this off your Tiny Pic. Unfortunately, I got it in Gigantic mode, but those of you looking, can see the whatever that is above the word "next".

Just noticed it yesterday, when I was about to pull the plane in the hangar. Looked like a "burn" mark with the unit turned off, and like this, when turned on.

Garmin G3 expert guy, you reading this?

[ed. Don, email me the pic and I'll do it for ya. v/r,dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back