What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FAA paperwork

miyu1975

Well Known Member
Ok, so I am slowly trying to work through the paperwork with the FAA for my registration and certificate. On the form titled, Program Letter to Accompany Application for Airworthiness certificate, one of the last questions is: After Phase I flight test completion, I plan to operate the aircraft under VFR__ IFR__. Well I have initally set up the panel for VFR but plan to IFR capiblities later. So which do I check here. I suspect IFR, with a note below with description.

thanks in advance

Go ahead and specify VFR & IFR. It doesn't commit you to anything.

Your operating limitations will state that to fly VFR night and/or IFR, the aircraft must comply with part 91.205. It does NOT have to meet 91.205 to fly daytime VFR.

Last edited:
OK...so I am also creating my POH and have looked through several others on VAF, I did not see others with operating limitations IFR/VFR listed. Does any have an example of this.

Say not to MEL

Those limitations are not required and there is no good reason to encumber yourself with a minimum equipment list for operations.

OK...so I am also creating my POH and have looked through several others on VAF, I did not see others with operating limitations IFR/VFR listed. Does any have an example of this.

Operating Limitations Paragraph "(8) After completion of phase I flight testing, unless appropriately equipped for night and/or instrument flight in accordance with 91.205, this aircraft is to be operated under VFR, day only."

Back