What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

older FAB airbox pn question

rjcthree

Well Known Member
Old-style FAB air boxes had a plate that long bolts (qty 5) went through to capture the filter (opposite the mounting plate). Does anybody have the part number for that plate?

I've got a new style, where the filter is sandwiched between the mounting plate and the fiberglass, and I think I'd prefer the plate-plate route.

And just in case you're dumb like me, a helpful hint: be sure your carb is on the c/l of the engine before you drill. The H2AD isn't :(

Thanks in advance. Rick 90432

Old-style FAB air boxes had a plate that long bolts (qty 5) went through to capture the filter (opposite the mounting plate). Does anybody have the part number for that plate?

I've got a new style, where the filter is sandwiched between the mounting plate and the fiberglass, and I think I'd prefer the plate-plate route.

And just in case you're dumb like me, a helpful hint: be sure your carb is on the c/l of the engine before you drill. The H2AD isn't :(

The plate was only used on the O-320 airbox. It is now obsolete (can't help you with the part #).

The carb is not on the c/l on all lycoming installations because the canted to one side for right thrust. That is why the install instructions call for using the cowl to set the alignment of the airbox.

FAB Instructions

This weekend just gone I just fitted one of the old FAB's to a Silverhawk FCU connected to an IO320. I inherited the plane part built but there are/were no instructions I could find for the O320 FAB. Does anyone have a scanned copy they could forward? I'd like to check my inventiveness against what Vans originally had in mind...

Back