What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine Mount Pad Size

steve murray

Well Known Member
I am starting to work on installing ceramic fire barrier + stainless steel on the engine side of the firewall.

Can someone tell me the pad sizes of the engine mount for the six bolt points? I do not yet have the engine mount and want to keep these mount areas clear of this material. Pictures and\or dimensions would be great

Thx & Happy holidays

Steve

Steve,

There are 6 pads. The four at the extreme corners are 1 1/8" in diameter. The two down near the nosegear are a strange shape, reminiscent of the outline of the state of Georgia. The nominal dimensions are 1"x3", but a picture is what you really need. PM me your contact info and I'll shoot you a couple of pic's.

Edit to add: My barrier does not reach the four corner mounts and I just sandwiched the .007 stainless under the center mounts without any fiberfrax underneath. Doing it that way eliminated having to make and seal a funky cutout near the center pads.

Last edited:
Steve,

Edit to add: My barrier does not reach the four corner mounts and I just sandwiched the .007 stainless under the center mounts without any fiberfrax underneath. Doing it that way eliminated having to make and seal a funky cutout near the center pads.

Good idea on the two bottom center pads, sent you a PM with my contact details for some pic.

Steve

Back