What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Spinner support ring

Jstov

Well Known Member
I have a Mc Cauley CS prop with a vans spinner on a -8. My spinner support ring has torn in one spot to where it has separated. My problem is that the one on the plane was cut down to fit the spinner so it's not an easy replacement. Does anyone know if this ring is even necessary with a vans spinner? Does everyone have one on their plane, if so how did you make it to fit? If you don't know what a spinner support ring is it is a plastic ring that fits on the dome of the front of the prop to help keep the spinner centered. Thanks in advance.

Spinner

I don't think you will get an answer here . Most RV's use Hartzell Props .
There is a Prop Shop in Titusville " Ocean Side Propellor " might be able to help you . You could also look on the GlasAir site , seen a fair amount of GlasAir planes with McCaully Props .

On RV's that part is referred to as the spinner fwd bulkhead.

There has been instances in the past where people had catastrophic failure of the spinner (departed the airplane in flight) when the fwd bulkhead had been omitted.
Particularly if using a wood or composite prop; it can cause serious propeller damage.

Solution

I found a shop locally that can replicate my old part so my problem is solved. Thanks guys.

Back