What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mike Zellers canopy latch

Jim Wright

Well Known Member
I just received a canopy latch from Mike Zeller and I recall that someone had posted some nice pictures of the installation on the forum. Would sure appreciate it if someone could direct me to those pictures
Many thanks
Jim Wright

I bought two Mike Zeller canopy stops and installed one midway on my RV-8. It's a bit of a reach to pull the canopy closed from this position. Wondering if it would be worthwhile to install another farther up? What have you found is a good opening size for on the ground ventilation?

I purchased mine with the intention to install it to hold the canopy open 4-6" or so for winter or cooler ambient temp taxi's, I still like the spring loaded lock for the mid point as I can open my canopy without fiddling for the sweet while taxing.

I put one midway and one that holds the canopy about 3" open for run-up. Both work well...

Realize this is the RV8 thread....but has anyone installed these on a side by side slider such as an RV7? It would be nice to have a stop to keep the canopy open just a few inches for after landing and taxing to takeoff.

Thanks

We'd also be very interested if anyone has adapted Mike's lock for a 7 or 7a. We don't have one available nearby and haven't investigated the possibility.

Back