What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Silent lights

RV7Guy

Well Known Member
I've got just over 25 hours of night flying with my Aveo 6 in 1 lighting system. They landing/taxi light combination is very bright and provides exceptional light for landing and taxi. Similarly, the Position/Strobe combination is also very bright.

The best news is they are absolutely silent. No feedback, buzzing or RF of any type. I have no special wiring. I simply took out the Nova system and put this one in and saved about 8 lbs in the process.

Additionally, with all of the lights on, the draw is roughly 2-3 amps.

I know Aveo was a little late to the game getting these out but they got it right. And, yes they cost a little more but probably for a reason. I'm happy not to be chasing any gremlins.

A happy customer.

Darwin,
I am installing the same lights in my RV9A. Have you got any pictures that you can share on how you did your installation. I would love to see how yours turned out. Thanks
Russel Koch
RV9A

NICE!

I have the Aveo position lights and strobes and love them. The 6-1's weren't available yet but had pictures of them when I installed my HID's. I'm really happy with Aveo's products too. I guess my Aveo eyeballs would get scratched easy until I put some Ipad cover material on them where you rub the dimmer.

Some Osh2011 pics

Darwin,
I am installing the same lights in my RV9A. Have you got any pictures that you can share on how you did your installation. I would love to see how yours turned out. Thanks
Russel Koch
RV9A

Here's a few nap shots I took of Darwin's plane and lights at Osh this year.

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

Thanks

Carlos,

Thanks for posting the pictures!!! I was going to post the ones I took but you saved me the trouble.

FYI, The mount I developed was a molded cradle. Working with Aveo we developed a metal mount. I have them at home but have not installed them yet. Hopefully in the next few weeks.

Back