What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

conduit for lighting

rkochcyxh

I would like to run conduit thought my 9A for all of my lighting requirements.Eg. Tail and wings and lights. Is there a special conduit that I should be using or do I just pick it up from my electrical supplier in town.
Russel Koch
EMP RV9A

Russel,
If you do a search in the forums on "wing conduit" you will get several hits. Many of those threads include good pics as well. I purchased mine from Van's and it installed easily. Others have used PVC.
I hope this helps.

Russel -

I'm going with the standard plastic corrogated conduit from Van's. It's light, keeps the wires well bundled, and not expensive :D
The downsides are - I hear it's a little difficult to get into the rib holes, and may a little small if you are running a lot of wires :(

Lorin D
9A Wings

Flexible black PVC is nice because it's easy to feed wires through. Much easier than the Vans tubing.

For the tail, I went sans conduit - because access is easy and the wiring run is small.

kevinh said:
Flexible black PVC is nice because it's easy to feed wires through. Much easier than the Vans tubing.

For the tail, I went sans conduit - because access is easy and the wiring run is small.
I used Van's conduit in my wings. If I had it to do over, I would not have used it. I was a big pain.

In my wings I used thin walled PVC from Home Depot. Its very light easy to install and feed wires through. To the tail since I only had 4 wires I just wire tied it along the J stringers. The aft portion of the fuselage is fairly easy to crawl inside at any time. ;)

http://www.jeffsrv-7a.com/WINGS/05-07-30.htm

-Jeff

WINGS%20013.jpg

Vans conduit

I have to say that I had no trouble with installing the Vans conduit in the left wing. Haven't built the right wing yet...

I did exactly as Jeff did, except mine came from Menards. It's super light, and the wires will easily slide through. I think I paid $7.99 for 50'.

4-21-06-005w.jpg

Last edited:
Back