What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fall Cajun Low Country boil/Fly-in

pierre smith

Well Known Member
Okay guys/gals,
You enjoyed the catfish/shrimp fry earlier this year so we're doing it again in November. Tentative date is Nov. 10th and our EAA Chapter 172 from Augusta will be here too, in my hangar.

The guys from www.brokenshackleranch.com will be doing the cooking but it's gonna be a Cajun flavored Low-Country boil. Arrivals around 10:30 a.m. or thereabouts with lunch at 12:00PM in my hangar at 2J3, Louisville, Ga.

More details later,

We will be there!
My daughter still talks about the catfish fry and we are happy to contribute to the cause. :)
Thanks, Pierre

Excellent! I sure plan on attending after such a great time during the last one!

Fly-in

Pierre:

Becky will be out of town, so.... no cole slaw from her this time.:( God and wx. permitting, I'll be there.

Sounds Great

Pierre: My wife and I plan to be there and maybe another RVer or two from Eagle Neck.

take care, Jack Eckdahl

Any update on the low country boil? I plan to be there with my 4 and maybe bring a friend with another 4.

Jerry Isler
RV-4 N455J
Donalsonville, GA

Yes....

Hi Jerry, Kurt,
I was gonna post something this weekend but our Augusta EAA chapter 172 will be down here to assist in parking and so on. The director of the Broken Shackle ranch will be doing his favorite Cajun low-country boil.

Figure on arriving around 10:30-11:00 a.m. to visit and eat aroun noon, Nov. 10th

Regards,

Pierre,
I hope we can make it. My daughter has a cheerleading competition that morning. If it doesn't run too long we can be there by 1pm.

Cajun low-country boil is a definite go...

With the skies looking really good for this weekend, the fly-in is definitely on.
For the first timers: There is no fuel here but there are airports within 15-20 minutes that do have. Landing on 31, turn right at the first taxiway, the second one if you're landing on 13.

See y'all,

if weather holds

Pierre: We have 4 (two pilots, two passengers) for sure that plan to attend on saturday. Two more neighborhood planes are thinking about coming. Do you need a head count? thanks, jack

Everyone

C'mon down.
Last year Alan brought a beautiful Lancair and we hosted a beautiful Pitts that flew an aerobatic routine. I expect another Pitts flown by air show pilot, Greg Connell from the Augusta/Aiken area.

BTW, The guys from the Broken Shackle Ranch (wayward youth home and disciplinary tough love/christian type of environment) are bringing the food and cooking too! I'd suggest a donation to their very worthy cause of around $10 or more.

Thanks,

Great

Beautiful weather, beautiful airplanes, greattttt food and great company. You all did a superb job. Thanks for hosting it.

Had a great time, good food, airplanes, and then flre home to watch the Bulldogs win!

till next time

Fall Cajon Low Country Boil/Fly-In

I would like to echo everyone's comments on the Fall Cajon Low Country Boil and Fly-In at Louisville, GA (2J3). The food was excellent and there was way more prepared than was eaten. My hat is off to the guys at the Broken Shackle Ranch and to Pierre Smith for hosting the event. If you don't know Pierre, he is a great guy and is a most passionate supporter of the RV line of aircraft. Rita Culvern, the mayor of Louisville, even attended the event. I think she now has a better appreciation for aviation and how supporting the local airport can have a positive effect on the community. I am guessing there was something over 200 people attending the lunch. Here is a few pictures.

http://picasaweb.google.com/RV455J/Louisville2007

Thanks...

...Jerry, for the pictures. Everyone had a ball, the weather was great..40 mile + visibility, a little breezy but not bad. I thought the Swift was around mid 1950's but the data plate said 1946! I was one year old then and it looks to be in better shape than me..:D

Missed Kahuna and Team RV.......reckon it was the fact that Georgia/Auburn game was in Athens, or because it wasn't a catfish fry? Eh Kahuna?

Regards,

Back