What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Purchased an RV-6

yankee_echo

I'm New Here
Recently sold my Cessna 182 and replaced it with an RV6. I'd never flown an RV before and it was an eye opener for sure. I just moved to Delaware so I'm looking forward to exploring the east coast and flying some formation with anyone else in the area.

DcNOV0Y.jpg

VuaAARb.jpg

Nice plane!

Read up on the Dynon D10A and what it can do - it can give a *lot* more information than what it has been configured for there if you desire, especially a G-meter.

Nice looking 6, Al, welcome aboard. Question: What is that little blister/bubble on the left side of the lower cowl aft of the air intake?

Nice plane!
Read up on the Dynon D10A and what it can do - it can give a *lot* more information than what it has been configured for there if you desire, especially a G-meter.

I'm still learning what the buttons and menu options do. The SL40 was replaced with an SL30 as soon as I got it so I've got it set up to display the HIS screen on the bottom if I'm flying IFR.

Nice looking 6, Al, welcome aboard. Question: What is that little blister/bubble on the left side of the lower cowl aft of the air intake?

The mixture control was rubbing against the side of the cowling so a hole was cut in it and covered up with a fairing.

congrats on the 6. you will love it. welcome=VAF=

you might need a pirate flag on the tail to top her off. :D

_DSC8111copy.jpg

Last edited:
Great plane! You are going to have fun with it. Shoot me a PM when you are ready to upgrade that transponder to ADS-B OUT and in on your iPad and I can hook you up with a great deal.

We should get together sometime. I'm out of DE25 (Eagle Crest air park) just a short hop south of you. Used to fly up to 33n for gas in the Zodiac I built: you guys usually have about the cheapest avgas in Delaware! I'm rebuilding a 6a that had a nosegear collapse and expect to be flying in the spring.

Back