What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flush Rivets on F-757 to longeron

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattsrv7

Well Known Member
I'm working though the mid-section of my -7 tip-up fuselage and I'm wondering if it would be okay to use AN426 (flush) rivets in the last three holes connecting the F-757 (doubler plate with the slot to pass through the canopy latch on top of F-705) to the upper longeron to instead of the AN470s? AN426 are called it for the first two holes but AN470 for the last three.

The slider uses the AN426s in that spot for all 5 rivets and countersinks the longerons, so I assume it should be fine. Had anyone done this or checked with Vans on this one?

Cant tell ya what to do but I put the 470's in the last 3 holes and no one will notice them. that area is behind the roll bar and there's nothing in the area of those three rivets. I can't think of a good reason to remove more of the longeron just so those rivets are flush

I checked with Vans support and they indicated it is fine to substitute the flush head rivets in those spots on the tip-up. A little extra work, but no strength concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back