What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Maintenance Tracking Board

scrollF4

Moderator, Asst. Line Boy
Ambassador
In another thread (which was in danger of being hijacked), I was asked by Plummit about my maintenance tracking board:

VAFDR_01%20Dec.%2028%2016.33.jpg

Questions, with answers:

Did you apply the divider lines? How?
Answer: I applied the divider lines using line tape from Office Depot.

Where did you get the board?
Answer: Office Depot.

Bonus info: The Event and Interval text is applied using permanent marker (although alcohol will wipe that text easily). The Last Completed and Text Due info is done in normal white-erase marker.

curious

Just curious, not that it matters at all, but why do you check your tire pressure based on hobbs when all you other maintenance times are based on tach? I guess that what the "h" and "t" mean...

I have one sorta like that, but more of a summary. IIRC, it shows the following:

BFR Due XX/YY
Medical Due XX/YY
Condition Inspection Due XX/YY
Oil Change Due XX/YY or ZZ hours
ELT Due XX/YY

Just curious, not that it matters at all, but why do you check your tire pressure based on hobbs when all you other maintenance times are based on tach? I guess that what the "h" and "t" mean...

Tracking tire pressure checks by Hobbs just makes sense to me, since it?s based on actual operating time rather than time adjusted for engine ops tempo. It works for me.

There are other alternatives that may be less expensive than the standard white board. I have a 3' x 6' magnetic whiteboard sheet that sticks perfectly to my hanger wall (assuming you have metal walls). These come in all kinds of shapes and sizes, to also include rolls in about any length you want.

This thread has given me some ideas on how to make my board appear more organize than in it's current state.

Tracking tire pressure checks by Hobbs just makes sense to me, since it?s based on actual operating time rather than time adjusted for engine ops tempo. It works for me.

I would suggest tire pressures be checked based on calendar time, they really don't care about tach or hobbs time.

We've all had the same conversation with our tires.

"Hey tire, you're too low. It's only been 16 hobbs hours"

Tire says, "hiss". Or worse, it was saying "hiss" when we weren't around to hear it.

Back