What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder cables on RV-14

DaveO

Well Known Member
I've got to ask a stupid question.
The instructions says to attach the rudder cables on the right side of the rudder and cross over and run the cable on the left side. The drawings show it attaching to the left rudder pedal.

How can this work correctly?

My brain just does not compute this instruction. What am I missing?

Thanks

The left seat's cable connects to the right pedal of the left seat. The right seat's cable connects to the left pedal of the right seat. The cross over in the empennage allows the cable to pull on the correct side of the rudder horn.

Example: When the left seat pushes the right pedal it needs to pull the ride side of the rudder horn in. If that cable didn't cross over, it would pull the left side of the rudder horn.

l25qYad05k_hlpnkSooDpQ3gejcG3hGY1TTftxlshBN-GognYtuOFlD21HQMDSuapa_G9yahtsssOGKTm5PrmqTreuUjQuNSVESp1Czgn3yMN8d8wPGj4ND2KsEB5WHOp33sGWBFsNQ=w2400

Last edited:
I've got to ask a stupid question.
The instructions says to attach the rudder cables on the right side of the rudder and cross over and run the cable on the left side. The drawings show it attaching to the left rudder pedal.

How can this work correctly?

My brain just does not compute this instruction. What am I missing?

Thanks

As previously answered and also, the way the pedals themselves are set up: the "inside pedal" on both sides of aircraft attaches to corresponding pedal on the other side structurally (aircraft right side, inside pedal is "left" and vice versa). Photos of this structure here: https://turnerb14a.blogspot.com/2017/09/september-15-update-working-on-section.html

Back