What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GAD27 dimmer pots output?

Nova RV

Well Known Member
I have a GAD27 and 3 dimmer pots controlling lighting 1,2,3. There are 6 outputs total on the GAD 27, one PWM and one DC for each lighting channel. Can I have a DC AND a PWM on each channel or is it an either/or DC/PWM per channel? I can't find reference in the manual which is correct. I would like the ability to dim a row of LEDs under the dash overhang (PWM) when I dim the brightness of the screens (DC) on channel 1 using a single pot. Is this possible, or do I need 2 pots to do this? I know the panels have an auto dim but I like to adjust myself (old habit from day job).

I have a GAD27 and 3 dimmer pots controlling lighting 1,2,3. There are 6 outputs total on the GAD 27, one PWM and one DC for each lighting channel. Can I have a DC AND a PWM on each channel or is it an either/or DC/PWM per channel? I can't find reference in the manual which is correct. I would like the ability to dim a row of LEDs under the dash overhang (PWM) when I dim the brightness of the screens (DC) on channel 1 using a single pot. Is this possible, or do I need 2 pots to do this? I know the panels have an auto dim but I like to adjust myself (old habit from day job).

Hello Chris,

Yes, no problem having DC and PWM lighting buses being controlled by the same pot. All 6 lighting buses (DC and PWM) could be assigned to a single pot if you wanted to do that.

As indicated at the top of the drawing on page 26-14 "Lighting Control Pots (1 to 3 may be used). Each of six lighting buses may be assigned to any control".

More information here in this posting.

The GAD 27 lighting bus configuration allows you to map any lighting bus control knob (pot) to any or all lighting buses. For example, a single pot can control devices connected to all six lighting buses, or you can use up to 3 separate pots mapped to any combination of the six lighting buses.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks Steve, that is a big help and thanks for monitoring this forum and answering thing for us so quickly !

Back