What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Numatx HTS-C3K

These things are the bomb. They work differently than a regular pneumatic squeezer because you set the pressure to set the proper rivet height. It's confusing to think about, but once you know the right pressure to set for the different rivet diameters (NOT the rivet heights), then it is a snap every time. And you get consistent rivets without the dangers of a pneumatic, finger-biter, regular squeezer.

I bought one about a year ago and absolutely love it.

Blake has great pricing on his units. Check out:
https://www.flyboyaccessories.com/product-p/2701.htm

BTW, yes, the hand unit is lightweight and easily manipulated, unlike the bulky regular pneu. squeezers. And the foot pedal makes it easy to "tease" the ram into position w/o "snapping" the ram closed.

Last edited:
I got one from Mark Swinford in the early days---love it. Like Vince said, once its set, then push the pedal. Lighter than an alligator squeezer.

Tom

I have one and love it. A friend has an air squeezer and it's big, heavy and a PITA if the rivet is a little long. Mine has an adjustable ram, so I just run it at max pressure. Full power for the entire stroke. Set it up on the first rivet and the rest are exactly the same... No it's not for sale...

I Got one...

....and just finished using it for the last three hours in the shop! Came in for a break and saw this post.

My impression is this....Both Vince and Tom are spot on! This thing is ****! The riveting is consistent and the thing is very lightweight. I love mine!

Things to consider....it is pretty much regulated by air pressure...meaning the if you squeeze a -3 rivet with 120lbs of air....there won't be anything left. I bought a cheap regulator from HD and put it inline with the other tools, allowing me to have different pressures on different tools. The learning curve is definitely there with this tool, but regulating the air is pretty easy once you get the feel of it. Practice on something besides the plane!

To make operation easier, I mounted the foot pedal and accelerator(?) to a small piece of wood, keeping it all nice and tidy while working as opposed to everything moving around all the time.

One last thing.....get rid of the yellow cover for the foot pedal!!!!

Interesting, I just looked at the new manual and others comments are correct regarding adjusting rivet height by regulating air pressure.

Mine was one of the early models purchased through Cleaveland tools. The model I have adjusted rivet height by way of an adjustable ram...

Yokes used?

Ron, Tom, Tom:

What size yoke did you use the most?

I'm ordering a 14A kit, and buying a Numatx for all the reasons you-all cited; did you need a 3" yoke most? another size?

(Apologize for slight thread drift...)

thx

The three inch longeron yoke works very well...as with any other yoke that you may have. The tool accepts all the standard yokes so whatever you desire should work.

Drop me a pm and I'll send a pic of how I have mine set up...

Wow, thank you all for the replies and reviews. I'm definitely convinced that it is a great product and will be finding its way into my shop. I don't think I've ever seen one pop up in the classifieds section, so it seems everyone wants to keep it once they've tried it!

Thanks again!

Numatx setup

The three inch longeron yoke works very well...as with any other yoke that you may have. The tool accepts all the standard yokes so whatever you desire should work.

Drop me a pm and I'll send a pic of how I have mine set up...

pm sent ...

Awesome tool. i have no idea what every one is talking about with the setting the pressure. I guess mine is old version where you adjust the piston length.

Other than riveting it can be attached to a C-Frame for dimpling. Numatx will supply plans for you to build c frame. Look up my name and numatx and you'll see my setup. My father-in-law and brother-in-law made the C-frame for me.

I have a 3" and a 4". Latter is heavy but useful at times. Also you will need the following yoke:

http://www.cleavelandtool.com/25-Flange-Nose-Pneu-Yoke/productinfo/SNYF251/#.W_C20i3Mzq0

A no hole yoke would be nice once in a while, but I borrowed one when I needed it.

Back