What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Re SB16-03-28

bob888

Well Known Member
I recently came up against this one, about the aileron hinge bracket cracking. The Van's recommendation involves inconvenient disassembly but I found that the necessary visualization can be accomplished with an inexpensive borescope that reflexes 180 degrees. The one I have is a Vividia HD USB borescope that plugs into a laptop. It just slips in the existing opening next to the aileron pushrod, reflexes and shows all the rivets required by the SB. No disassembly required! Just thought I'd throw that out there...

I recently came up against this one, about the aileron hinge bracket cracking. The Van's recommendation involves inconvenient disassembly but I found that the necessary visualization can be accomplished with an inexpensive borescope that reflexes 180 degrees. The one I have is a Vividia HD USB borescope that plugs into a laptop. It just slips in the existing opening next to the aileron pushrod, reflexes and shows all the rivets required by the SB. No disassembly required! Just thought I'd throw that out there...

Love my Vividia bore scope last used it to install the fuel gauge sending units on my quick build fuel tanks. The floats did not rest on the bottom but on the stiffener without the bore scope would not have known.

Back