What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

App designer

C-FAH Q

Well Known Member
With the vast array of occupations on this site, i figure someone might be able to help me or steer me in the proper direction.
I am looking to have a Ipad application developed for my workplace for tracking work orders and man hours. i have looked at hundreds on the app store and none of them do what I would like, or are outrageously expensive and with to many functions we don't require.
Questions are,
1. What is the going rate for a developer/programmer to do develop this for me?
2. Where would I find such a person ? In Ontario Canada(would like to keep it Canadian made if possible)

There are dozens of sites dedicated to contract software on bid but step #1 is to clearly and completely spec out exactly what you want. Otherwise it's a fishing expedition for both parties.

If your needs are mostly interacting with a server-side SQL DB to enter data and view reports you might want to build a mobile web app on the client side instead of an IOS app. This makes it device agnostic (works on android and apple through the browser) and much quicker to develop, debug, and maintain, since you won't have to do battle with the apple developer process.

Back