What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV6 Bearing Numbers

pa38112

Well Known Member
Does anyone have the Timken bearing and race part numbers for the standard Cleveland main wheels?

The numbers for the slightly 'looser tolerance' versions are
08125 bearing
08231 race

You get to decide whether its worth paying roughly 5 times as much for the space grade version (numbers escape me....)

Charlie

Thank you ! - There is nothing to decide. The fit is set by the pre-load not the manufacturing tolerance. The fit is very course considering you have to back off the nut until you align the cotter pin. A tighter tolerance won't do anything but add cost :)

To be clear, this isn't about preload. The 'loose' tolerances is a reference to how tight the machining is on the rollers and raceways. If someone posts the p/n's for the actual spec'd bearings, you can look up both & see the numbers.

Think machined to 4 digits past the decimal instead of 6 digits past the decimal; that sort of thing.

Not implying that the numbers I gave you are trashy bearings; they're not. But the original numbers are tighter tolerance.

Charlie

Last edited:
Does anyone have the Timken bearing and race part numbers for the standard Cleveland main wheels?

I am not at the port but do have the part #s there. If you don't come up with what you need email me and I will get the info to you. If you look at the side of the bearing or the race the # will be stamped there and Napa or other part stores should have the none certified version of them. IIRC the aviation # has an A added on to it? Larry

Back