What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Boston airport question

Larco

Well Known Member
We are planning a trip to Boston and would like airport recommendations close to Boston hope to spend a couple days there and also flying around the area to the cape, sight seeing ect. Have thought about KPYM but something closer might be better. Thanks, Larry

CJ is a great host for sure :)

However, it does of course depend on how long you are here and where you will primarily be during your stay.

If you intend to fly down the cape but are staying in the city, almost any of the airports work but I would suggest kowd (norwood) as you are also South of the Bravo already and it is easy to get to Boston as well as the cape. There is also Kbed, kbvy. You could base out of 1b9 as well where I am at, but Norwood most likely is easier and I believe has quicker rental car access.

For airports down the cape, you can walk to the beach if you fly to Provincetown (kpvc). I am always down in Chatham as well (kcqx) and they have a great restaurant there with good access to the mid cape, but that one requires a cab , car, or folding bike to get around. At Chatham though the bike/walking trail is right there at the airport and it spans many miles on the cape.

Last edited:
Second

DJ's recommendation - KOWD is good for Boston (as is Hanscom Field: KBED).

Start with KOWD then move to KPYM, KHYA (has rental cars & is mid-cape).

If you're adventuresome try Falmouth Airpark (5B6) and call Enterprise for a car (but a bit pricey this time of year!).

KPVC & KCQX are good, but transportation is always an issue. (Tim @ KCQX has a car he might make available, but only for limited times).

Good accommodations near KHYA & KOWD.

Thanks everyone for all the info, priceless for sure. we have heard very nice things about your area and are excited about the trip.

Larry

The best wx in the ne is usually around the 4th of July. Do some whale watching off of ptown and seal watching of the heel of the cape. Lunch and south beach at katana airport Martha's Vineyard, $1 bus ride to town.

I flew up to Boston for the first time a couple of months ago and had a good experience at KBVY.

Back