What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avstar fuel injection

T.S.

Does anyone have any comments, rants, or raves about Avstar fuel injection?
And how does it compare to SilverHawK?

T.S.
RV-7
preping to hang engine

I did not go with the Avstar. I ordered my engine with a Silverhawk and it came with an Avstar. The injection was then changed at my request to a Silverhawk as I ordered it and I regret that change. At the time of that decision I could not get any feedback or reviews on the Avstar. I have been very disappointed with the Silverhawk to say the least. Since that time I have talked to people with Avstar and comments have always been positive on that system. Just my experience.

T.S.
RV-7

I did not go with the Avstar. I ordered my engine with a Silverhawk and it came with an Avstar. The injection was then changed at my request to a Silverhawk as I ordered it and I regret that change. At the time of that decision I could not get any feedback or reviews on the Avstar. I have been very disappointed with the Silverhawk to say the least. Since that time I have talked to people with Avstar and comments have always been positive on that system. Just my experience.
T.S.
RV-7

Care to add specific details of your Precision experience?

The YIO-320-D1A I bought through Van's came with the AvStar injection. Seems well made, no issues whatsoever through 113 hours.

Last edited:
Back