What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Whirlwind Aviation

nigelspeedy

Well Known Member
Just wanted to share the great customer service I received from Whirlwind Aviation. I bought one of the very early 74RV props about 2 and a half years ago just after they came out. In the last 18 months I put 300 hours on the plane. At around 250 hours it started to leak a little grease from the hub and I found a couple of small cracks in the gel coat near the root of both blades. The cracks ran over the leading edge, about 1" in each direction, in the short term a cosmetic not a structural problem. The cracks were very fine and hard to see. None the less Whirlwind paid for the shipping each way and rebuilt the prop completely with new blades. After the first few serial numbers of this model I understand that they changed the composite layup in this area so if you got one of these props more recently it should be fine. So even though it was halfway to overhaul and out of warrantee the basically gave me a new prop. Pretty happy all round.
Cheers
Nige

Back