What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trip to Oregon

BVD

Well Known Member
Trip to Oregon / Washington really...

Hey all... I have some friends in Ridgefield, WA who I may be visiting in the Nov/Dec timeframe and am looking of advice on where to land / keep my -8A while I'm there. Any airports in particular I should be looking at? Any hangars for rent?

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Astoria is an awesome town with a big x military airport. It was a rad place to fly into. Mcminville has an epic museum across the street from there airport. Cool town as well. Golds beach was a fun stop and has the strip right on the beach. IFR will help out there as we fought clouds and weather constantly even during the summer.

The closest public use airport to Ridgefield would be either Woodland State or Goheen. Woodland State is right off of I5. No hangars and I am uncertain of its tie down situation. I drive by it often and see an odd airplane or two tied down.
Goheen has tie downs in the grass. Check with the FBO (such that it is.) There are private hangars there but most, if not all, are full up (like mine with junk!).
Your best bet for any kind of hangar space would be Pearson. Call the FBO and see what they may or may not have. It is about 20 minutes drive to Ridgefield, depending on where in Ridgefield you are going. It is a tiny town but a very large city by square miles. It runs from East of I5 all the way to the Columbia River.
If you are touring with the airplane, there are many great places to visit. Several Aviation Musuems, coastal towns, etc....

And be sure to fly your RV down to Van's ay KUAO and come say hi! Join EAA 105 for chapter events, too if you'd like! Pie auction meeting in November and a Christmas party in December.

Bill- I've got a hangar in Camas (Grove 1W1) which is about a 25 minute drive... but my plane is still not flying and is in currently another hangar and parts are in paint right now. I really doubt it'll be back together and flying in the next 1-2 months unless everything goes perfectly. If it's not, I'd be happy to let you keep your plane in there if you need a place.

Thank you!

Thanks Dan, I will definitely take you up on that if the trip happens. Sending you a PM...

Bill- I've got a hangar in Camas (Grove 1W1) which is about a 25 minute drive... but my plane is still not flying and is in currently another hangar and parts are in paint right now. I really doubt it'll be back together and flying in the next 1-2 months unless everything goes perfectly. If it's not, I'd be happy to let you keep your plane in there if you need a place.

Back