What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anti Splat Install Pics in an RV-8

chuckwn

Well Known Member
Installed this a few weeks ago. Will report back with results after 50+ hours.....

IMG_0812.JPG

IMG_0813.JPG

Anti Splat Update one year and 100+ hours later

After one year flying with the system I have observed the following:

1) Oil consumption has not changed at all (still one quart every 7 hours)
2) The plane is no faster than before. Wide open throttle at high altitudes still yields the same true airspeed as before.
3) No clogging problems (A recent service notice from the manufacturer addresses this)
4) Less mess venting crankcase vapor into the exhaust stack than onto it.

1) Oil consumption has not changed at all (still one quart every 7 hours)

On your Oil Analysis the last two entries have your consumption at 12.25 hrs/qt with the separator compared to approx 8 hrs/qt without.

Are these numbers accurate? If so, then I would say your consumption has definitely improved.

Dan

On your Oil Analysis the last two entries have your consumption at 12.25 hrs/qt with the separator compared to approx 8 hrs/qt without.

Are these numbers accurate? If so, then I would say your consumption has definitely improved.

Dan

Dan,

The quarts added between changes on the analysis data are not really a good measure of consumption. I always start with 7qts, but at oil change time I drain between 4-6 quarts. On the last two changes, the oil drained was closer to 4qts.

Chuck

Back