What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Repairman's Cert - Different District?

Fearless

Well Known Member
I know recently a builder had issues with getting his repairman's certificate through the San Diego FSDO office. He finally got his. I am having an issue with the Louisville FSDO where the airworthiness supervisor hasn't returned my phone voice messages where I am trying to setup an appointment to try to get mine. My question is are you obligated to go through the nearest one to where your plane is located? I got my airworthiness cert through a DAR who I believe worked through an Illinois FSDO office and not the local one. How likely will another FSDO work with you for the repairmans? My inspection isn't due until August so I got time but it shouldn't have to be this hard. The other offices within a reasonable drive for me would be Cincinnati, Indianapolis or Nashville.

Shout out to Mr Stan Faske at the Cincinnati FSDO

I just want to publicly thank Mr Stan Faske at the Cincinnati FSDO for his assistance in me receiving my repairman's certificate on my 9A. In my initial post I commented on how the Louisville FSDO office wouldn't get back with me to setup an appointment to review my paperwork for submission. I reached out to Mr Faske to see if I could go through his office. He asked me to try the Louisville office again but still no follow up from them. So Mr Faske said he would look over my paperwork. Yesterday on my birthday I made an appointment with him and after looking over my documentation and paperwork he issued me my repairman's certificate. I couldn't have received a better birthday gift. Imagine a FAA representative actually doing their job and doing it well. You folks over at Butler Regional are in really good hands, the Cincinnati FSDO appears to be experimental and RV friendly.

Back