What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon OAT InOp

jcbarker

Well Known Member
I can't get my OAT to work. It's mounted under the horizontal stabilizer on the right side. It's connected to the remote compass which is mounted on the next bulkhead aft of the baggage compartment. From there the harness travels up to the D-100. I think Stein made the harness. Am I missing something? I have it set to type 2 in the D-100. I get no display of temp on the screen.

JB
RV-8
819WB
50 hrs.

Screen Set up

You may have to go to the screen set up in the Dynon and tell it where to show it on the screen. Other than that, if you have to correct type selected, it should work.

When you say you get no display of the temp on the screen, you mean you are seeing a bogus temp reading or you don't see the OAT display area at all?

When you say you get no display of the temp on the screen, you mean you are seeing a bogus temp reading or you don't see the OAT display area at all?

Hi Jamie,

I mean I don't see any display area at all. I don't see in "setup" where I can add that.

John

OAT

The temp is displayed via the info settings....EFIS>INFO menu
OAT (Outside Air Temperature)
The FlightDEK-D180 supports the connection of an OAT to its EDC-D10A and/or an OAT connected directly to the EMS connector. If neither type of OAT is connected to the FlightDEK-D180, or to any other device in a DSAB system, you may manually set the outside temperature.
The OAT info item displays 3 lines of text, containing outside air temperature, density altitude, and true airspeed. To use the TAS/DA calculator without an OAT installed, manually enter the outside air temperature in the EFIS > OATSET menu. When a temperature is manually input via the OATSET menu, a box is displayed around the temperature in the info item, as shown in the image above.
W
hen multiple units are connected to a DSAB network, one primary OAT is shared between all units. This can be an OAT connected to an EFIS or an EMS. If the FlightDEK-D180 is displaying an OAT provided by another unit in the system, changing the OAT type or install status on the FlightDEK-D180 has no effect on the displayed OAT. This change is only used if the primary OAT (or entire DSAB network) fails and the EFIS switches to the locally connected OAT.

OAT/TAS/DA DISPLAY
You must set up the FlightDEK-D180 to recognize the OAT. The FlightDEK-D180 supports two different types of OATs as well as a manual input of the outside temperature. To set this up, enter the menu system by pressing any button beneath an EFIS page, and press MORE > SETUP > MORE > OAT. Push the INSTALLED button (either button 1 or 2) to toggle between N, 1 and 2. Refer to the chart above to determine what sensor you need to set it up as. Note: A box will be present around the temperature value if the OAT INSTALLED parameter is set to N. This denotes that the OAT probe is not installed and thus not providing temperature data to the EFIS.
To display the data from the OAT probe, press any button below an EFIS page to bring up the EFIS menu and press MORE > INFO. Select the side of the screen that you wish to display TAS/DA information on (LEFT or RIGHT). Push the button labeled OAT. The values for outside air temperature, density altitude and true airspeed will be shown.
Installed Type
Sensor
N
No OAT installed, dial in OAT value in OATSET menu, or use DSAB OAT provider
Dynon part # 100240-000
Dynon part #100433-001? marked with a black band near the sensor

Hope this helps
Zman

Thanks all for your inputs. I finally figured it out. Zman was right; I needed to set it up in the info page. My problem was I had my G meter on the left. I moved it to the right and put the OAT on the left. Done. It's nice having a TAS readout.

Cheers,

John

Back