What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N819WB flies!

jcbarker

Well Known Member
On July 3rd, 2010, 11:30, N819WB took to the air. She flew beautifully. Hands off. I circled the airport at 2500' for about 20 minutes. Conducted stalls with and without flaps and returned to land. Not the prettiest but down safe and without drama. Taxied back, shut down, and grinned. Pulled the cowl and looked the engine over carefully. No oil except for a little weeping around the oil temp sensor. That was it for the day. Time to celebrate!

LIFT OFF!

TOUCH DOWN!

STUPID GRIN!

exhaust system

Congratulation on your first flight!!!!

what kind of muffler do you have???
Fernando,

No muffler. It's a 4 into 1 exhaust system built by Aerospace welding here in the states. They have an off the shelf solution for RV-8s with horizontal induction. They were great to work with. There was a slight interference with the throttle arm. I took photos and sent that exhaust run back to them. They modified it and had it back to me in a couple of weeks.
As far as noise. It seems to be quiet and smooth both inside and from those on the ground.
Here's their contact info:
Aerospace Welding Inc./Aerospace Manufacturing, Inc.
12124 12th Avenue South
Burnsville, MN 55337
Direct Line 952-405-2509
[email protected]

Welcome to the club!

Enjoy the phase 1 experience, be thorough, and when done you'll have a ton of confidence in you and your planes abilities.

Back