What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Builders Insurance

rv8gibbo

Well Known Member
Hi Guys, Does anyone cover there build during the construction process?? Looking at what I have in terms of $$$$ I thinking it may not be a bad idea! in terms of theft, malicious damage, and or storm-fire damage!

Cheers
Gibbo

I purchased builders insurance about half way through the project. It was a combination of value of the kits and engine being more than I wanted to self insure and having to move to a hangar that also required liability insurance. The nice part was that all I had to do was to make a phone call and upgrade the policy to include flight.

I bought a non-motion policy from Nation Air earlier this year. I insured for 80k and the premium was 480.00 per year. Jennifer fixed me up and provided quotes for my first year of flying. Very easy to deal with.

Jennifer Cummins
Light Aircraft Sales Executive

Spirit of St. Louis Airport (KSUS)
595 Bell Avenue
Chesterfield, Missouri 63005
855-538-8267 ~ Fax 636-532-3646

Builder's insurance while the project was in my garage was $300/yr for $50K of coverage. Falcon Insurance through EAA.

Builder Ins

I used NationAir and got $50K for $300/yr, will up the limits when avionics start showing up. Policy also covers road transport and they will convert to flight insurance when needed.

Don Broussard

RV 9 Rebuild in Progress

Back