What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shop Ventilation?

jeffwhip

Well Known Member
I really do appreciate all of the help. This week I'm on vacation so I'll be building my two EAA tables as well as setting up my shop. I will be using a Delta bench grinder, Grizzly band saw and a Jet drill press. What is the best way to ventilate my shop? Should I buy an expensive ventilation system or is there something I can hook up to my band saw and bench grinder? Thanks in advance.

i don't think you need a special system. if it was a wood shop , yes. my band saw and bench belt sander [30 grit] make pretty heavy filings and they don't float in the air.
i DO wear a mask when i use a 3m wheel. more concerned about the particles off the wheel.
i just take my fiberglass work outside and work in front of a box fan, otherwise you will have that glass dust everywhere no matter what is in the shop.

I have a pro quality dust collector in my shop; great for woodworking, but not of much use building an RV. I also have 6 shop vacs in different locations. If money is no concern, get a Fein. Great suction and very quiet. I think the Rigids from HD are the best price point. Good suction and reasonably quiet. As mentioned, nothing will corral fiberglass dust. I went to great effort to create an isolated area for glass work, to keep it sealed from the rest of my shop. It was totally wasted effort. Everything was trashed the first day. Sand it outside, or someplace that you can hose down afterwards.

Jim Berry
RV-10

Back