What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

In fight adjustable rudder pedals

rv8gibbo

Well Known Member
Hi guys,
I have started building my rudder pedals and I have a few questions about the process.
#1 Are the bolts on either side of the brake pedals ok to move freely with the pedal Itself? And do they require washers either side of the pedal?
#2 Does the bottom of the brake cylinder need packing were the bolt goes through the bottom of the cylinder to stop sideways movement?
#3 Does the elbow AN822-4D that screws into the cylinder need sealing with compound?

Many Thanks
Gibbo

RV8 Adj. Brake Pedals

I have attached a photo of my setup... the castellated nuts are not that tight to to make the bolts rotate with the pedals. I have the drawings and instructions which I can scan email to you if you want, which has reference to washers required. Note my pedals have a heel extension I copied from another builder, if you're wondering why it looks different.

Peter

Great thanks for the pic peter, I have nearly completed the pedals but I will try packing the washers the same as you have posted.

Thanks
Nathan

Back