What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best prop for RV-7A with O360

Charles C

Well Known Member
I have a question. I have a dilemma and either have to refinish my Catto (70/74) prop (with no leading edge protection) or buy a new/used prop. I called Catto yesterday and they quoted me a price to refurbish it and I would like to see my options before I make my decision.

I have an RV-7A with an O360. This is a new plane for me so I can not say what kind of performance I have and would like to get. I did a weight and balance on it and showing a some what aft CG during some scenarios during my calculations. I am looking to see what fellow RV-7A are using in the same set up with the O360 and what kind of performance you are seeing also if you needed to add weight to the nose/prop to get good CG limits. I am unable to run a CS prop due to not having a hollow shaft in the engine.

I am going to flying off a grass strip and in rain so I would like some leading edge protection and I am flying in Hot Florida weather too.

So any input would be helpful and please let me know what numbers you are seeing to.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sensenich now offers a ground adjustable carbon fiber prop with stainless steel leading edges for the 360 engines. They are a lot pricier than the Catto however.

I have the 320 version of this prop on my RV-6 and I love its smoothness and performance.

my six has been running a 85 inch metal Sensenich for many years. good performance and durable. it was designed for the rv6 0-360 combo. i hate to say how many hours on it, 3,700, needs a overhaul:confused:.

Back