What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Too rich?

DaleB

Well Known Member
Well, today was my first longer trip post-inspection. A little under an hour each way. EGTs look low to me. Ignore the fuel flow... for whatever reason, after having the fuel pump out our fuel flow indication has changed dramatically, and I'll need to re-calibrate.

Unfortunately I can't tell you the actual fuel burn for the trip. I don't know exactly how full the tank was when I left, nor exactly how much it took to fill it -- not that that would matter, without knowing the exact amount when I left. Plus we fill from 5 gallon cans, and I don't have one marked in fractions of gallons yet. The good news is, it wasn't full when I left, I flew 2.0 hours, and it took around 12-13 gallons to fill it when I got back.

This is after I did the 200 hour carb inspection/parts replacement. The balance is the best it's ever been, and the engine runs smoother than it has since I've owned it. We use a Carb_mate, and with the sensitivity all the way up the carbs are within one light of dead center from idle all the way to 4000 RPM. I've NEVER seen it that close. We also found and fixed a problem with the choke cable that may have been keeping one choke (starting carb) from completely closing.

No wheel pants (fiberglass repairs) so it's slooooow. Both shots taken about halfway, so everything was stable in cruise.

The trip down:
IMG_0504-e1537067242639.jpg

The trip back:
IMG_0506-e1537067262820.jpg

I didn't realize until I started comparing the two shots how close the numbers are.

Dale

These screen shots are from three different flights. Looks like you're in the ballpark...

f1l7jl.png

-
ip44uo.png

-
23uwt4l.png

Back