What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Just Moved to Tucson AZ; who's here?

RV7AJeremy

Well Known Member
Hello all,
I am getting settled in to our new home in Tucson AZ. I would love to get to meet other local RV builders; so, who's around?

Here are a few pictures of the move:
fl6v.jpg

crate taking shape
57vl.jpg

everything surrounded by cushions
k0rr.jpg

its finished awaiting loading into the Penske truck
epqh.jpg

I had already had the wings and emp crated. Thankfully everything arrived without any damage:D

RV-6 in Sierra Vista

I've got a finished RV-6 down in Sierra Vista (Libby AAF) There are quite a few up in the Tucson area

welcome to the old pueblo

Jeremy,

I am in the middle of a move myself. I am moving to Civano, just east of DM. As soon as I get into the new place you are welcome to come over and see my RV-8 project. Give me a call 520-333-Oh 3 too 6.

It's a Dry Heat

Welcome to the desert! It takes getting use to these summer months where builds are done late at night or in some kind of cooling, and flights are done early in the morning above "the layer" where things start to cool down nicely above 6 to 7K, with landings before the afternoon monsoon buildup.
Been in the heat for some time now 20 years. RV6A has been flying out of LaCholla Airpark for a year now. My job is fixing business aircraft and enjoy being around aircraft and the people who build/fly them...when I have time!

Slider

Thanks for the replies guys. Anyone have a slider I could take a look at? I get my finish kit next week:D

Welcome Jeremy. I think I was one of the first RV owners in TUS in '88 since sold. Have an offer on a -8 which I will bring down in the fall if the sell goes through.

Thanks for your service. Are you at DM? In another life I was with the 23rd TASS.

Welcome to Tucson

Jeremy,

Welcome to Tucson. I bought an RV-7 slider in January and have been flying it a lot. As mentioned, there's several flying RV's here at Ryan, at least one RV-8 under construction here, and several more RV's up at Marana. If your planning on installing Dynon avionics, boy, did you luck out by moving to Tucson. :)

I'll be out at Ryan early Sunday. If your available, send me a PM.

Yep, stationed at DM and living on base (also building in base housing;)) I am an AZ native, so it is great to be home.

Welcome Jeremy. I think I was one of the first RV owners in TUS in '88 since sold. Have an offer on a -8 which I will bring down in the fall if the sell goes through.

Thanks for your service. Are you at DM? In another life I was with the 23rd TASS.

now I get that comment

I agree! This post might get more response in the West (and Southwest) section...

I was at a loss as to what that comment was refering too. I never originally posted it in the "Southeast", so maybe a mod moved it. Can a mod move it to the correct section?

Back