EDIT: I misunderstood the original post. I got the correct parts, but fit was too tight.
I did some sanding inside the tubes and also sanded off a bit of the plating on the AN490-HT8P end pieces (primed inside tube after getting a good fit). Couldn't get them to fit otherwise. (EAA tech counselor signed off on this).
Hint: to sand down the AN490-HT8P put some masking tape over the threads then chuck it up in a drill, use some emery cloth to sand. To sand inside the tube I used a large steel pin punch, wrapped with adhesive-backed sandpaper, also chucked up into a drill.
Last edited by mturnerb : 07-16-2018 at 04:53 AM.