What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Yesterday's front Page

TS Flightlines

Well Known Member
Advertiser
How cool is it to fly along with the Blue Angels in your RV? Congrats of our friends Jon and Ken for an incredible flight!
Tom

When I first glanced at the Front page photo all I could think was "photoshopped" but quickly realized I was wrong! -- Im curious what speed they were flying to accommodate the Hornets? Note the Leading and trailing edge flaps. The Hornet has a three position flap switch: auto, half, full. In auto leading and trailing edge flaps move as a function of AOA. Take a close look at the toed in rudders as well. Not a problem for the 18s to fly "slow" with the RVs. Great airplanes!

Last edited:
When I first glanced at the Front page photo all I could think was "photoshopped" but quickly realized I was wrong! -- Im curious what speed they were flying to accommodate the Hornets? Note the Leading and trailing edge flaps. The Hornet has a three position flap switch: auto, half, full. In auto leading and trailing edge flaps move as a function of AOA. Take a close look at the toed in rudders as well. Not a problem for the 18s to fly "slow" with the RVs. Great airplanes!

Ben,
We briefed 160 knots. That's the best the Bonanza said he could do.
When he let the speed drop to 150 the Hornets started complaining!😂😬

Way to represent! What a great way to promote your talent and fine looking airplanes. We watched Redline perform last year at Oshkosh. I've never seen a night show before and I have to say these guys put on a spectacular show. Don't miss them.

Back in the day, 80s at the flying club at MCAS El Toro, it would be common to be putt putting along in the 172 on final for 34 L and an F18 flying past for 34 R, in the pattern.

Back in the day, 80s at the flying club at MCAS El Toro, it would be common to be putt putting along in the 172 on final for 34 L and an F18 flying past for 34 R, in the pattern.

Still happens at Davis-Monthan A.F.B. in Tucson.

Back