What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aft Deck - didn't catch change to dimpled rivets

bobhope2505

I fell behind checking plan updates and missed the change from AN470AD4-4 rivets to AN426 rivets on the line of 8 rivets just forward of the center of the aft deck (page, 10-27). Is this going to cause a problem attaching the horizontal stab?

Aft%20Deck_zpsto4pafie.jpg

Last edited:
The horizontal stabilizer does not touch the aft deck even with the 470 rivets on it, there is plenty of clearance still.

Thanks! it's a 30 x 40 pole barn (with upstairs) that the RV shares with a couple tractors and attachments plus an old convertible muscle car. I feel very fortunate for all of the room since a lot of people are building in a garage bay or basement.

The subject rivets that were changed to AN426's during a previous revision were done so by mistake because as already mentioned, there is no clearance issue with the rivet heads.

AN470 or AN426 rivets are both acceptable at this location as long as proper installation prep is done for the rivet being used.

I believe a future revision will be changing the call out back to AN470 rivets primarily to remove the unnecessary work required for installation of the flush rivets.

Back