What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Slider canopy anchor (pin) blocks

Neal@F14

Well Known Member
I noticed that my right side rear canopy plastic anchor/pin block has split. Would making a new one out of a block of aluminum instead of plastic be of any significant benefit.... or cause any unforeseen problems?

I noticed that my right side rear canopy plastic anchor/pin block has split. Would making a new one out of a block of aluminum instead of plastic be of any significant benefit.... or cause any unforeseen problems?

I think using aluminum would put a lot of wear on the canopy pins. The pins are much harder to repair than the block so I would stick with plastic. You could switch to delrin plastic since it is much stronger than the nylon. Tensile strength of Delrin D100 is 69kpsi vs Nylon 6/6 at 12.4kpsi

I'd make another UHMD block but installed to avoid the excessive stress that caused the crack.

John Siebold

Neal - I have a couple spare unmachined blocks. Happy to send you one, just pm your address and I will pop one in the mail to you.

Slider pin block

Older thread but exactly what I need. I'm looking for a couple of these for my RV-6. The right one is showing more wear than the left and I would like to fix it up.

Thanks!
Terri H

Let me dig. I still might have one you are welcome too. I recently purchased a bunch of UHMW stock for some other projects but I am not set up yet to cut you what you need. If I have the block as it comes from Van's you will be welcome to it.

Older thread but exactly what I need. I'm looking for a couple of these for my RV-6. The right one is showing more wear than the left and I would like to fix it up.

Thanks!
Terri H

You can buy the part from Van's
The same part is used on the RV-6, RV7 and RV-9 sliding canopy

Back