VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 05-02-2015, 02:57 PM

Had a great time. Saw a bunch of faces that I recognized and many RVs. Did not take the time to walkdown and visit, but I heard the Corsair call out on final. The food was outstanding, the weather was the best in weeks. Top it all off with a visit to AC Spruce for a case of oil.
N4IDH

Construction Log
“The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.”

Mark Twain
Old 05-03-2015, 08:09 PM

Default Great Day for a Fly-In

This thread started out with last year's Fly-In, but here's a report on this past Saturday's event.

What a great day! Finally, after two straight years with frustrating weather, we got the day we were hoping for. The whole event was superb. The weather, the turnout, the food, the support, the planes, all perfect.
The FBO location worked out great for parking and the dining area was perfect. The food line, with the funeral tents over the serving tables, worked out very well. Experience helps. We were able to seat about 70-80 at any one time.
We had more RVs on the ramp than Sun n Fun. We had about 24 of our own in the group photo and, at one time, I counted over 25 others. When you consider all the coming and going, I bet we had close to 60 RVs . The FBO guys say they counted 60 transient aircraft, not all RVs of course.

The planes shown in the photos are about 2/3 of the total hangared here in Peachtree City, GA. We hope to see even more of you next year.

Last edited by strahler13 : 05-03-2015 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:30 AM

My 18 year old daughter and I flew up from Quincy, FL 2J9(Tallahassee) and had a wonderful time. It was her first ride in the RV-6 and my first RV specific fly-in even though I have had the plane for a year and a half. I didn't get to mingle with any RV drivers and I did not go over to Spruce since I did not want to neglect my daughter. She did enjoy walking the line and having me point out the specifics of each model.

After a great lunch and with a smooth ride at 8500 ft she was out like a light for the one hour flight back to Quincy.
[IMG][/IMG]

Looking forward to next years event!

N726DT RV 6 Flying
N4493J '67 Cherokee 140 sold
N2120J '78 Warrior II owned twice, sold twice

2017 Dues Paid
Old 05-04-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strahler13 View Post
What a great day! Finally, after two straight years with frustrating weather, we got the day we were hoping for.
Of course, the year I can't make it up...
Old 05-04-2015, 10:36 AM

One more photo from Saturday courtesy Craig Johnson.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:12 PM

Yes, it was a perfect day as was the food and the company This is one of the must attend events of the year for me. Thanks Falcon Field RVs!
Warner Robins, GA
A&P
APRS KJ4EFS
Old 05-04-2015, 12:18 PM

Yes, it was a perfect day as was the food and the company This is one of the must attend events of the year for me. Thanks Falcon Field RVs!
Warner Robins, GA
A&P
APRS KJ4EFS