What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Phone HELP

stancaruthers

Well Known Member
Was wanting to know if anyone is having the same issue.

I have GMA 245R blue toothed to IPHONE......I can hear phone ring through headset and can answer on screen or IPHONE but I cannot hear the caller nor can they hear me. Volume is up...phone is connected (paired)...

G3Xpert cannot duplicate and has thrown in the towel.
Could I have a faulty G3X Phone/Media input?

Is the volume on the phone fully turned up? I know that with my Lightspeed Zulus I have to make sure the volume on the phone is as high as it can go when Bluetoothed...

Is the volume on the phone fully turned up? I know that with my Lightspeed Zulus I have to make sure the volume on the phone is as high as it can go when Bluetoothed...

Mark I am 99% sure it is but will double check, as I also used Zulus. I don't just have low volume, I cant hear diddle, nor can the caller hear a peep.

What kind of headsets? Are they also bluetooth? Maybe they are intercepting the bluetooth and your garmin is not connecting.

Just a shot in the dark...

Not to hijack the thread but I'd like to add a similar issue as well. I paired my iPhone to my GMA245 successfully and have no other Bluetooth devices on or even in the hangar. I cannot get Pandora to stream to the 245. I can see the track playing through the audio interface on the G3X but hear nothing. I have pushed every button and combination of buttons to try and make this work.

I know, "first world problem".

I have GMA 245R blue toothed to IPHONE......I can hear phone ring through headset and can answer on screen or IPHONE but I cannot hear the caller nor can they hear me. Volume is up...phone is connected (paired)...

On your iPhone, make sure the call is routed to the bluetooth device and not to iPhone itself. This is a selection on the iPhone itself (in the control center), not on the audio panel or headsets.

Hello Stan,

No one here has "thrown in the towel", we just haven't been able to reproduce the issue.

One of our dealers was having similar problems with his i-thingy (also what Jason reported) until he updated the operating system to V10.2. After that, he reported that all the issues went away.

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks for updating the thread Steve. Just as an FYI I'm running 10.2.1 on my iPhone and 5.10 on my G3X with 2.20 on the GMA245.

Admins-
Feel free to move this thread as you see fit.

Thanks for updating the thread Steve. Just as an FYI I'm running 10.2.1 on my iPhone and 5.10 on my G3X with 2.20 on the GMA245.

Admins-
Feel free to move this thread as you see fit.

Hello Jason,

Unless I missed it, I don't see where you have started discussing this issue with product support.

Please send [email protected] an email so this issue can be worked on a more direct basis.

Thanks,
Steve

I have a GMA245r/G3X touch and use both the iphone's telephone feature and the music feature all the time. Some things to check:

1. Make sure you have "bluetooth" distributed to the pilot, AND you have it enabled (the little green light in the touchscreen button is green). This has got me before. I had it distributed correctly, but I forgot to hit the button to actually enable it!
  2. Make sure the physical outer volume knob is turned up.
  3. Make sure you're actually sending to bluetooth from the iphone (swipe up from the bottom of your phone, go to the music interface (swipe to the left) and make sure "GMAxxxxxx" is checked... and that it's not iPhone or Headphones.

On a semi-related tangent, one weird and painful bug I've had is that if I was playing music when I shut the plane down, but the volume knob was all the way to zero, when I start the plane up the next time, the music volume is MAXED OUT. Like tear your headset off loud. Once I turn the volume up a bit, the system reregisters the volume level and it's OK. But I've done this to myself a few times. It hurts, especially with a set of halos that pipes the audio directly into your brain!

I too have the 245R, G3x and iPhone 6 with iOS 10.2.1 and have no problems either streaming or making calls.
Dave

Well Steve the Grand Wizard at Garmin was able to straighten me out. He had me try connecting my phone via BT and streaming music I already had stored on my phone first. That worked so I tried Pandora and that started working. No other changes were made. I will say the stream quality of the stored tracks on my phone did suck compared to the quality of the Pandora stream.

Thanks again Steve!

I have a GMA245r/G3X touch and use both the iphone's telephone feature and the music feature all the time. Some things to check:

1. Make sure you have "bluetooth" distributed to the pilot, AND you have it enabled (the little green light in the touchscreen button is green). This has got me before. I had it distributed correctly, but I forgot to hit the button to actually enable it!
  2. Make sure the physical outer volume knob is turned up.
  3. Make sure you're actually sending to bluetooth from the iphone (swipe up from the bottom of your phone, go to the music interface (swipe to the left) and make sure "GMAxxxxxx" is checked... and that it's not iPhone or Headphones.

On a semi-related tangent, one weird and painful bug I've had is that if I was playing music when I shut the plane down, but the volume knob was all the way to zero, when I start the plane up the next time, the music volume is MAXED OUT. Like tear your headset off loud. Once I turn the volume up a bit, the system reregisters the volume level and it's OK. But I've done this to myself a few times. It hurts, especially with a set of halos that pipes the audio directly into your brain!

Hello Ed,

Thanks for sharing your iPhone tips.

Sorry about the zero music volume issue. We will have that fixed in the next update.

For others, a little more clarity on this issue. The issue is limited to the copilot/passenger volume knob. Having the pilot music volume down to zero at power-up is no problem.

Ed, if you have seen something different, let us know.

Thanks,
Steve

Hello Ed,

Thanks for sharing your iPhone tips.

Sorry about the zero music volume issue. We will have that fixed in the next update.

For others, a little more clarity on this issue. The issue is limited to the copilot/passenger volume knob. Having the pilot music volume down to zero at power-up is no problem.

Ed, if you have seen something different, let us know.

Thanks,
Steve

It's definitely been happening to me (on the pilots side).

Thank you Ed and Michael. This issue will be addressed in the next software release.

Steve

Back