- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-10-2016, 03:13 PM

Default Reunion tour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLPalinkas View Post
Made it home from Augusta in time for a SnF run Saturday morning. Located a svelte pickle ball Turbo and two fats guys. (yes, I need the DR no sugar diet)
Vlad was UTL but arrived safely.

Hey Gary.......Great pics......this one reminded me of a "Motley Crew" reunion poster......or mabe the "Rat Pack".....hope y'all had fun!
RV-8 QB Reserved N212KB
ATP
CFI/CFII/MEI

Build Site: http://www.mykitlog.com/skykingbob/

"Nothing worthwhile has ever been accomplished without inspiration, determination, and perspiration!"
Old 04-10-2016, 03:53 PM

Default RV-8R

Brian, so glad to see your bird there at SnF!! I took lots of pics, and spoke at length with the Rotac boys.. I've got the QB -8 Fuse coming around August/Sept, so now I am seriously considering powerplants.. Love round engines..lots of time behind PW 1340s!

Boy, what a choice and competitive pricing to boot! Thanks for nothing for sticking little idea in my head!!

...btw, gorgeous airplane and congrats on the award!
Old 04-10-2016, 04:02 PM

Default In need of contact for kit plan exhibitor.

I am building. -10 but during my walking tour of Sun n Fun on Friday I came across a new plane from overseas. It was a twin ducted fan fighter jet looking plane powered by 1 combustion engine. It was all glass and they said they had 25 hours on it and that it would fly on Saturday.

I found it really cool. Does anyone have the web site for it? Did it fly on Saturday?

Sorry I missed everyone. I ran out of time and could not make it over the camping section.
RV-10 Builder
Tail Kit delivered 6-2013
Started building April 2014
Currently finishing out Fiberglass tips on Empannage
QB Wing and Fuse Delivered December 2015
Dues Paid through 2017
Old 04-10-2016, 04:33 PM

Default SnF 2016

This was my first visit in about 15 years... Over the past several years, I have been hearing about folks lamenting about how the show was too dusty, too expensive, and like it's bigger and older brother Oshkosh, had gotten away from it's home built roots.

I too am a homebuilder, but at the same time, thoroughly enjoy all things aviation. This includes all the new innovations in certificated aircraft, new avionics, and of course the warbirds! If it flies, I like it!

I was there for Tuesday and Wednesday and had an absolute ball!! This is a celebration of all things aviation and is a great opener to the 2016 flying season!

I'm also at the point of my build (Vans RV-8) that I'm now starting to pay close attention to all sorts of things that I now need to think about. Everything from propellers and engines and avionics to parachutes and even tailwheel options!

I was NOT disappointed!! Great show SnF, and I'll be back next year!!
Old 04-10-2016, 05:28 PM

Jeff, I have been to each once. I enjoyed SNF more than AV. I really wanted to go to SNF this year but was unable. I will probably go to AV this year, but it is too big for my liking.
O-320 D2A
Panel andWiring done
Final assembly and paint!
Old 04-10-2016, 06:04 PM

I have been going to SNF since 2000 and have flown in since 2007. I always have a great time and will continue to attend in the future.

I have one major gripe about this year's SNF however. That stupid 8ft chain link fence at the taxi way where many people used to be able to enjoy arrivals and departures with an unobstructed view. We were told that it was required by the feds because KLAL is a Point of Entry and that's the way it has to be. Not only that, but you could not even stand at the fence because the showcase flights were directly overhead so one needed to stay 20 yards from the fence making a kind of no-man's-land of the area which used to make SNF so entertaining for so many people.
Warner Robins, GA
A&P
APRS KJ4EFS
Old 04-10-2016, 06:11 PM

Default Sun N Fun 2016

We flew down Wednesday morning from South Alabama to SNF. Arrival was text book... everyone paying attention and things went smoothly. (My girlfriend did get a bit excited a few times with other planes so close! She was a fantastic help being an aircraft spotter though). Beautiful until the evening when rain set in although it was gentle throughout the night. Lots of great displays by the vendors. I did buy the navworx adsb system while there. Looking forward to getting it installed hopefully during the next annual. I had hoped Dynon would have a drop in type adsb solution for my D100 series instruments. Not so much. It would have required a bit of panel rework along with the purchase of their new sky view SE system, (very nice indeed), along with their xpdr and an adsb system. I lost interest pretty early on with that much money/work involved. Back to navworx. Everything I need to be completely ADSB 2020 compliant for around $1500.00. Wifi to my ifly it should give me everything. I'll be removing my ZAON and Skyradar equipment at that time. Really looking forward to the changes and increased safety this will bring to the airplane. We departed SNF Friday morning and flew back to our home base of Foley, Al. Smooth and uneventful flight. Just the way I like them. Hope everyone else enjoyed SNF as much as we did and had a safe flight home. Here are a few pics.

Heading out to SNF!!!

Home built camping

Our ride

Vans Aircraft tent

Going to miss everyone.... I've died and gone to Heaven!

"PK".... Paul and Kim :-)

Friday morning fog.

B-17 bomber (I was lucky enough to hop a ride in one last year... amazing experience)!

Heading home to Foley Alabama
RV 7A, Lycoming 0 320 D1A, Sensenich FP propeller
pilotforfun2001@yahoo.com

Last edited by Paul 5r4 : 04-11-2016 at 11:52 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MElstien View Post
I am building. -10 but during my walking tour of Sun n Fun on Friday I came across a new plane from overseas. It was a twin ducted fan fighter jet looking plane powered by 1 combustion engine. It was all glass and they said they had 25 hours on it and that it would fly on Saturday.

I found it really cool. Does anyone have the web site for it? Did it fly on Saturday?

Sorry I missed everyone. I ran out of time and could not make it over the camping section.
It flew out Saturday. Very unique sound, kind of a loud wailing.
I don't know if it did any flybys during the week, but it does fly!
N164WM
N184WM reserved (RV-8)....tail kit done, slow-build wing done, slow-build fuselage started.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:52 PM

Default Roger and his new best friend

Well, Myra and I drove home after an exciting week spent with the 99's and three incredible women from the WASP (Women's Air Service Pilots). These girls, all in their 90s, gave interviews, spoke in the Air museum and signed autographs from sunup till sundown for 5 days this year. Look them up on the internet for more incredible information. I made it a point to hook up with Mitch Locke every day when the opportunity arose as we met last year at Osh and found we had a lot in common with Van's Aircraft and our RV14 builds. I really want to extend my thanks to him and all of Van's staff for the great job they were doing. I think they will all need throat lozenges from talking non stop all day. SnF was a great success due to the incredible weather and great turnout.

Last edited by woodmanrog : 04-10-2016 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:29 PM

My son and I flew in Saturday morning, he played with MaryJane's nephews and the other kids, and out early this morning. Really didn't see much of the show but spent most of the time hanging out in HBC, which is OK by me.
Build the plane you want, not the plane others want you to build!
SC86 - Easley, SC
www.repucci.com/bill/baf.html